Some ladies say that they are scared to clean their lash extensions because they think they will fall out. In fact, clean lashes last longer, as natural oils on your skin can slowly break the glue bond that can cause lashes to fall out sooner.
Clean your eye area using oil free cleansing products at least every other day if you don't wear make-up and every night if you wear make-up.
I recommend to use Chrissanthie lid cleanser, Simple oil free cleansers or lash shampoo, that you can make by yourself. The lash shampoo is recommended by ophthalmologists for cleaning the eye area.
Lash Shampoo Recipe:
1 part baby shampoo ('no more tears')
3 parts distilled or bottled water
1 tea spoon of soda bicarbonate (baking soda). It regulates PH and neutralises impurities.
Foam pump dispenser is ideal for the solution. You can get it at amazon or ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foaming-Pump-Bottle-250-ml-Bottle-Foamer-SAVE-MONEY-ON-SOAP-make-your-own-/111628334424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fd913558.
Disposable lint free flocked applicators (disposable lip applicators) are perfect to use to clean your eye area, instead of cotton buds as cotton can catch on the extensions. You can find them on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=disposable+lip+applicators&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1
How to clean your lashes:
1) Pump your cleanser in to your hand and smother lashes. For best results, also use lint free applicators to work the cleanser along your lash line and lashes.
2) Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
3) Gently pat dry your face avoiding your eyes as towel can catch on lashes.
4) Using your fingers wipe your lashes in an upward direction while blinking slowly to remove excess water.
5) Let your lashes to dry naturally or use a paper towel to pat dry.
6) Gently brush your lashes with clean dry mascara wand, avoiding the bases of your extensions.
Hope you will enjoy your beautiful lash extensions for many years to come without compromising the health of your eyes and lashes!
Lashes by Lana (Milton Keynes, UK)